Governance Professional, Clerk to Local Governing Bodies
We are looking for a highly organised and motivated Governance Professional to join Anthem.
Are you looking for flexibility, autonomy and want to utilise your skills within our values driven organisation?
Location: Home based, the majority of the role will be virtual, but some (minimal) travel will be required to schools
Salary: Actual salary up to £17,830 (based on 19.5 hours a week, 39 weeks per year-inclusive of holiday pay)
Salary will be dependant on number of schools but is an hourly rate of £20
Please note that this will also be subject to any agreed increase from 01/04/23
Hours: Term -time only – 39 weeks
Part time - 7.5 (3 secondary schools) – 19.5 (3 secondary schools, 6 primaries) hours per week – flexible hours / days
Would consider applicants interested in a job share.
Additional hourly rate £20
We are seeking to appoint a Governance Professional who will provide clerking responsibilities for a minimum of 3 Anthem schools – with an option to cover up to 9 Anthem schools. We are currently at the exciting point of strengthening our governance structure and would be happy to hear from you if you have the skills and knowledge required but are not available to cover all of the schools and we will consider a job-share.
The successful candidate will provide:
- effective administration of Local Governing Body meetings (virtual)
- effective administration of Local Governing Body membership (virtual)
- professional support and governance advice, in line with our policies and regulatory framework (virtual)
- effective administration of Governors Disciplinary Committees (GDC) to review suspensions and exclusions as required (in-person, as required)
In due course, there may be scope for the role to grow to cover additional Trust schools.
This role also includes supporting the central governance function across Anthem:
- support with the Trust wide annual cycle of activity including governance documents, training, and templates (virtual)
- effective maintenance of the GovernorHub online portal (virtual).
Experience in school governance in desirable but not essential, we are looking for an individual who:
- can work proactively and at pace directing your own workload.
- has excellent communication and proficient interpersonal skills to enable the development of strong professional relationships with Local Governors, Head Teachers and other key staff across Anthem
- is experienced in effective meeting administration, preparation of agendas, participation in formal meetings and quality minute taking.
We can offer you:
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home (equipment provided)
- Membership of local government pension scheme
- Opportunities for personal development and training
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme offering free confidential support on a range of issues such as work, wellbeing, money, health, and legal advice.
Please note that some visits to schools may be needed for GDCs. Travelling expenses will be reimbursed.
This part-time role is ideal if you are looking for flexibility and elements of home working, whilst still being part of a wider team, in a values-based organisation that makes a difference to future generations. If this sounds like you, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
The closing date for applications is 17 April 2023 9am
To apply please submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com and a conversation can be arranged.
Please note we reserve the right to close the recruitment campaign earlier than this date subject to the volume of applications received. We therefore encourage candidates to submit applications as early as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and require all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks which will, where applicable, include a health check, a DBS check with children’s barred list and satisfactory references.
It is an offence for an individual who has been disqualified from working with children to knowingly apply for, offer to do, accept, or do any work in a ‘regulated activity’. The position advertised is a ‘regulated activity’.
Anthem will undertake a basic online check for all shortlisted candidates.
Our schools are part of Anthem Schools Trust, which is a charity and a company limited by guaranteed. Registered in England & Wales. Company No. 7468210.